Learn about our PREMIUM ESTIMATING SPREADSHEET and our new UNIT-PRICING SPREADSHEET. Try Risk-Free today with this SPECIAL OFFER.
The BuildingAdvisor Estimating & Budgeting Spreadsheet is available free as an Excel spreadsheet (.xls) and a Word document (.doc). The construction estimating software includes formulas to track cost downloiadestimates, actual costs, variances, payments, and balances due. Most builders prefer spreadsheets over more complicated estimating software. You can use the BuildingAdvisor spreadsheet to estimate and track costs for both building and remodeling projects. Uses include:
- Checklist for budgeting: Make sure all important items on the list are accounted for in your preliminary budget
- Checklist for estimating: Make sure all items get into your detailed estimate
- Tracking estimated vs. actual costs for each line item (called “job costing”)
- Tracking payments and amount due to all vendors and subcontractor
- Download Free ESTIMATING WORKSHEET (.xls) to use with Excel to calculate costs and track expenses.
- Download Free ESTIMATING WORKSHEET (.doc) for a printable “read-only” estimating worksheet.)
- See Also: Itemized Bid Worksheet